Insurance restoration claim after a storm disaster
Insurance restoration after dealing with a disaster in your home can be overwhelming. When your home is damaged due to a storm, fire, water, mold, or trauma, you may be stuck wondering what you should do, how you should proceed, with a million questions running through your head, including:
- Who can help me fix this damage?
- Should I call my insurance company?
- Does my insurance cover this disaster?
- Do I need to take pictures?
- Will my insurer cover the cost to rebuild or repair the damage?
First and foremost, you need to know that there are specific companies that can help you through the entire process – disaster relief companies, whose job is not to only clean up the damage but also to gather evidence, to work with your insurance company, to fight to get your claims money, and some can even help you rebuild or repair
Emergency steps after a storm disaster
Insurance restoration claims are a process. Dealing with a disaster and your insurer are all in a process. There is a certain order that should be followed before you can proceed to the next step, you must gather evidence, take pictures, people you will encounter, and so on. However, here is an overview of what you will experience in a disaster insurance claim.
If you have experienced a disaster in your home, the first thing you need to do is respond to any emergencies. This may include:
- Make sure all home occupants are accounted for and safe.
- Call the fire department if your home is on fire.
- Find a safe place to stay pending the time your roof is repaired.
- Call for a roof inspection and repair estimation.
- Calling the police or 911 if you are in danger or if a crime has been committed.
- Leaving the home if it is not safe to be there.
Your first thoughts may go to your home and your possessions, but those things can wait. Respond to all emergencies first.
Insurance restoration company in Charlotte, NC
If you find significant damage to your home after a storm, it’s essential to involve your homeowners’ insurance provider right away so you can properly file a claim based on their requirements. Steele Restoration can help you in/with the process. Steele Restoration is a fully licensed and insured Charlotte NC based general contractor and roofing company specializing in roofing, siding, and storm damage restoration for single-family homes, multi-family complexes, and commercial and industrial sites. We service Charlotte and surrounding areas including Rock Hill, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Matthews, Ballantyne, and Blakeney. Contact us today!