Best roof repair can be hard if you wait until your roof is leaking and in dire need of repair or replacement. Nobody wants to repair a roof, but if possible, holding off a replacement could cause problems including such leakage, the infestation of pests, and roof failure. Identifying the time required to replace or fix a roof is essential to ensuring your home’s structural integrity.
Knowing roof damage reasons goes a long way toward knowing you need to contact local best roof repair companies for a fix, or whether you need a replacement roof. There are reasons you could need the best roof repair and those reasons you can find here.
Old shingles have a certain lifespan
A roof is not supposed to last forever. Different roofs have varying warranties, and sometimes the life of a roof could be shorter depending on the weather. Here are some examples of the average life expectancy of roofing systems.
- Asphalt shingles: 20-30 years – their durability decreases the older they get.
- Cedar shakes: 30 + years – these weather great for a specified period, although it is likely to split later.
- Metal: 50+ years – this may be one of the most robust materials, but it doesn’t fit every house.
- Clay tiles: 50-100 years – they are durable, but can deteriorate easily if they are in between the lowest and the highest levels.
- Slate: 100+ years – this is the strongest material out of all, but it can still slip or move and cause complications.
Charlotte’s best roof repair
Extreme weather can reduce the life of a roof. Even in Charlotte, we occasionally have extreme weather conditions. Shingles can quickly be torn off roofs with a strong wind and would require the best roofing contractors in Charlotte, NC to deal with the issue.
Contact the best roofers in Charlotte, NC
Your roof repair might seem to be much harder than it should be. The best professional roofers are required to take on the job, but to them, it’s a day at the office. If you don’t know if you need a patch or a full roof replacement, you are best to call Charlotte’s best roofing company for advice.
Steele Restoration is a fully licensed and insured Charlotte NC based general contractor and roofing company specializing in roofing, siding, and storm damage restoration for single-family homes, multi-family complexes, and commercial and industrial sites. We service Charlotte and surrounding areas including Rock Hill, Lake Norman, Steele Creek, Matthews, Ballantyne, and Blakeney.