Residential Roofing Services
Need Residential Roofing Services in the Charlotte NC or Greenville/Spartanburg SC area? Your roof is what prevents the elements and unwanted critters from entering your home. It protects you and your family and even affects your utility bills, so it’s extremely important to have an effective roof over your head.
If it is time to replace your roof, you have a lot of options. This is a quick guide to help you make the important decisions regarding your roof in Charlotte NC and Greenville/Spartanburg SC.
Is it time for a new roof?
Every roof needs to be replaced after a certain amount of time. You may be wondering when you should think about roof replacement for your own home. Look for these simple signs that it’s time for a new roof:
- Broken shingles: Go up a ladder and take a look at your shingles. Are they started to break or warp? That is a sign that it’s time to get a new roof. If only a couple of shingles are broken, you may simply get away with a repair. Look for missing shingles as well.
- Water damage: When your roof is severely damaged by water, it can be a huge problem. It’s especially problematic with wooden roofs and even asphalt roofs. If there’s severe water damage, it’s time to update. Make sure that you have good gutters, too, to help reduce the amount of water that piles up on your roof. A water-damaged roof can create mold, leading to foul smells and even health problems.
- Poor Insulation: Is your attic a different temperature than the rest of your home? Are your utility bills getting more expensive? Your roof may be allowing a excessive amount of outside air into your home, causing you to need to use your air conditioner or heater more. Talk to your local roofers about what energy-efficient options they have.
- Age: Roofs have an expiration date. Depending on the type of roof you have, it can last anywhere from 25 – 100 years. Know what your roof is made of and what its life expectancy is. With this knowledge, you will be able to plan ahead. Check your roof regularly to make sure it’s still holding up, even if it’s relatively new.
Types of Residential Roofing Services
The most important choice regarding your new roof is what material to use. Here is a list of the most common materials and what makes them so effective or ineffective.
- Asphalt: Asphalt is inexpensive, but it doesn’t last as long as other options. It comes in a variety of styles and colors. It’s the most common material because of its low cost.
- Clay: Clay is extremely attractive and goes particularly well with Spanish and Southwestern houses. This option costs a lot of money, but it lasts longer than any other option and provides great insulation. It’s very heavy which may also increase the cost of labor.
- Metal: Metal roofing is light, energy-efficient, and inexpensive, and it’s also stylish and fire-resistant. Many options can even be completely recycled after use. Finally, it’s long-lasting and durable. It can cause some noise in rain and get dented, though.
- Wood: This type of roofing is the quickest to catch fire, so it may not be allowed in your area. It also doesn’t do well in wet environments. Wood does offer a great look, though, and is inexpensive.
Not sure what type of residential roofing material to choose? We can help. Call Steele Restoration and talk to your local residential roofing contractor in Charlotte NC and Greenville/Spartanburg SC about your needs. They can answer all of your questions and even examine your roof for you if you schedule a consultation.
New roofs can add to your curb appeal, increase the value of your home, and even lower your utility bills. You may enjoy the benefits of a new roof before you know it! Contact us today, your local Charlotte NC and Greenville/Spartanburg SC roofing contractor about our residential roofing services.